Wow. Where did that year go? Every year genuinely feels like it goes by faster. What’s that all about?
2018 had it’s ups and downs, for me, but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I’ve watched my child grow into an adorable little independent human, we got two lovely additions to our family; Hades (Russian Dwarf Hamster) and Ozzy (Yorkshire Terrier). We have grown as a couple, we’ve started going on more dates and spending more time together regardless of the work that keeps us busy sometimes. I reconnected with old friends. I got my first paying job this year, it didn’t go to plan so I got another job straight after instead of just giving up and staying home (like I would have done). Amongst many other amazing and positive things. But this year ended in the most perfect way. On Halloween we found out we are expecting our much wished for rainbow baby, which was our new years wish for 2018.
2019 will bring us the arrival of our little baby and I’m excited to see what else 2019 has in store. I’ve decided to set myself some goals for the year.
My Goals For 2019
- Grow my blog. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. I completely deleted my previous blog and content to start fresh. Due to feeling quite anxious during the summer, I failed to produce, well… anything. And since then I have been focusing on myself and mine and also life has gotten much busier, but I’m ready to come back to blogging now and everything that comes with it. I’m hoping to stick to it all through 2019 and achieve some of my blogging goals I have yet to achieve. One step at a time, though.
- Support more bloggers and Youtubers. This is something I have really forgotten at times, especially when life has gotten busier. I want to dedicate maybe one night or two a week (like I used to) where I sit down and read other people’s blog posts and watch other’s videos for a few hours and leave them some love. There are some lovely people I have met in the blogging and Youtube community so of course I aim to continue supporting them and their content.
- Become a better friend. I haven’t always been the greatest friend but I sure aim to become a better one. I want to check up on my friends more often like they do so with me. No matter how busy life gets, if we truly care, we make an effort so that’s what I aim to do. I also aim to be there more for my friends and show how much I appreciate them, more.
- Produce more content for my YouTube channels. I get quite anxious and worried about people not liking me, especially on my channels. But I want 2019 to be the year where I simply don’t give a toss who likes me or not, I want to be able to be myself and produce the content I want, when I want. I don’t want fear to put me off uploading content that I have worked hard on and then deleted last minute because I feared negativity.
- Surround myself with positivity. I’m the kind of person that needs positivity around me in order to feel positive. My mind kind absorbs the emotions around me and those of the people around me. I’ve felt so negative before due to other people’s negativity. But 2019 is going to be the year I surround myself with positive energy and positive beings. This has already become a thing late this year and I’m loving it. I feel so much better.
- Play more games in my spare time. I love a good evening playing The Sims for hours whilst sipping some hot chocolate covered in cream and marshmallows. This may seem like a stupid goal but I focus a lot on things. Usually when I get back to blogging, I overwork myself in my spare time. If I get a job, I overwork myself at work and then I’m too tired when I get home and I overthink things. But something I have found really helps is playing games, like Sims, so it’s very minimal brain effort. This helps me relax and ”take a break” whilst still feeling like I’m doing something and keeping occupied in my spare time so I want to do more of that.
- Stress less. In 2019 I don’t want to let little things bother me anymore. Some little things aren’t worth the stress and worry.
- Set myself one night a week to have a proper pamper night. This one kind of ties with the above goal. I want to do the whole face mask, bath bomb bubble bath with candles and a nice warm beverage watching Netflix with a bunch of skin products on my face.
- Lose some weight. Have I not said this every year? I mean it though, after giving birth, once I have recovered, I’d like to eat healthier in combination to walking more. I already walk quite a lot but I want to go on more walks for the sake of just walking and not so much because I have to get to places.
- At least pass my driving theory test. I’ve been practising for my driving theory for a long time. Maybe over two years actually. Every now and then I’ll do practice tests. But this Christmas I decided to apply for my provisional license so I can actually book my theory test and just kind of wing it. If I fail, that’s okay. I can always try again within a couple of weeks. I’m not going to stress myself too much over it but it’s something I really want to do. I can’t see myself passing my theory AND driving test within just a few months of each other but we will see.
- Save more money. I’ve given myself a little saving challenge to stick to all year. Everyday I will transfer a certain amount into my savers account and leave it untouched and then see how much I have accumulated in said account at the end of the year.
- Be my happiest self. I want to stress less and laugh more. I want to enjoy little things more, the very small things that make me happy. And spend most of my time, just happy.
- Book our first family holiday. I don’t mind how far we go, we don’t even have to leave the country. But I would love for us to book our first little holiday. Something fun for the kids too, even though Baby P will be very small.
So yeah, these are my main goals for 2019. I’m really excited for the new year to begin.
On a final note, I’d like to wish you all an amazing end to 2018 and amazing things for the new year. May 2019 be your year!